Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Arnold Classic Recap, and Tuesday Excitement

Hey all! So I mentioned last time that I was planning to go spend a day at The Arnold Classic and see a bunch of sporting activities....So I will tell you that overall I had a good time, and spent the day walking around the Expo, watching various sporting events, and being severely grossed out (more about that in a minute)...
I went with the boyfriend, and we met up with some of his friends up there. Now let me clarify a little tidbit about myself. I tend to tweak out a bit in big crowds of people. I have been know to pitch a bitch-fit and have to leave immediately before having full-blown panic attacks and feeling like I'm being suffocated. So of course the boyfriend was thrilled to have me accompany him, knowing I might go off at any moment. Needless to say, we drove separately from everyone else, just in case I needed to make a quick getaway for my sanity.
When we first got there, it was just a madhouse of obscenely muscled people with extreme fake tans (which apparently helps the judges to see the muscles better on stage, but just looks like a horrible mixture of orange and purple, and some were so bad I was sure they were beginning to decompose).  I do not, I repeat, DO NOT find myself attracted to those guys with the huge muscles with veins popping out, walking like they're carrying invisible little dogs under their arms, with pimply steroid faces (and probably bodies too, blech!)  On the other hand, it was cool to be in a huge crowd of people that are so into fitness.
So when we were beginning to walk around, we got stuck in a crowd of people not moving at all, and saying, "here he comes....there he is....." and then we saw this:
Yeah, so we saw The Governator walking around a few different times, but didn't get good photos or video or anything, but it was still cool. Then the boyfriend and I parted ways, so I could watch Gymnastics and he could watch The Strongman Competition. I got the chills watching these girls do the uneven bars, the balance beam, and the floor routines!

 

Then I walked around the Expo for a long time, looking at different things they had going on--mostly trying to keep out of everyone's way....I did see a couple of big guys (and one of them happens to be Lou Ferrigno, The Incredible Hulk, but again it wasn't a great picture)
THE HULK!!

I don't know who this is, but his muscles gross me out!  
 We spent all day long at the Expo, and the boyfriend and I got to stand in lines and get some free stuff, but I can't say I was too awful excited, since almost all of the swag was in the form of various supplements (protein, creatine powders, pills to increase "stamina"). I did, however, get to buy a few packages of Miracle Noodles so I hope to be able to tell you about what those are like. I also found a small company similar to Sweatybands that I ended up getting a couple of hair bands from--one thin one with crabs on it, and a bigger one with stripes. The big one doesn't work for me. I will be doing some small tweaks and making them fit better. I'd recommend going with Sweatybands on this one!!
We finally met up with all the boyfriends' friends, and headed over to Mongolian BBQ to have dinner. If you ever get the chance, you should go there! They have this big round grill-top that they cook all the food on--you fill up a bowl with fresh meat and veggies and such, then make your sauce combo, then they cook it all on that grill in front of you. They yell every time someone puts a raw egg in their bowl, and hit a bell every time it's someone's birthday! And the beer was amazing, after a day spent getting elbowed in the face by bodybuilders (I'm short, just in face/elbow range)!

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I headed over the the gym at Hocking College to work out. It was my first day back running in three weeks (thanks, bronchitis/ear infection/sinus infection). I was able to run 3 miles on the treadmill before I thought I would die. My legs are killing me today, and I think I might have 4 miles on my agenda today. Not sure if my legs are okay with that.

So on to the Tuesday excitement: I just signed up for a three month membership to Stride Box, and am looking forward to getting my box of running stuffs here in the next month or so! I'll be keeping you updated on the excitement!

Until next time!!
Marge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment