Thursday, July 7, 2011

So Much Fun!!

So I realize that my last post was a Debby Downer, so this time I will tell you about what's going awesome!! First, I took my bicycle in to the bike shop the other day to have it checked out and make sure it was road-ready. Earlier this year, my basement flooded, and the bike had been down there, so I wanted to make sure that the tires and breaks and gears and everything were still ok....and they were!! (Tires needed inflated, computer needed a new battery). So today, I got the battery for the computer--that was a bust. I'm not sure if Kroger sold me a dead battery, or if the computer is Kaput....I'll get another battery later and find out, but either way, despite working the overnight shift last night and being up since 5am, I got a crazy feeling and decided to go tool around town on the bike...

I FORGOT HOW MUCH FUN I HAVE JUST RIDING AROUND!!! I ended up riding about 3-4 miles in my little town (only had one person try to hit me, hahaha), trying to remember to smile with my mouth closed so I didn't eat bugs (not so successful, but hey, it's protein right??) I spent some of the time apologizing to my butt for not having padded shorts, and more time than that apologizing to my boobs for not thinking to put on a sports bra---won't be making THAT mistake again!! (Most of the streets in town are brick, not very, um, forgiving in those area!)

Before the biking, I walked the dogs about 1 1/2 miles around town for their usual "hot weather" shorter walk--they're so big they overheat easily, and Abby won't drink out of the doggie water bottle
How rude!
So that is my day so far--I am so glad that I got out on the bike, and I plan to get out and get some time in tomorrow too (maybe after a run?)
Plans for the rest of the day: mow and weedwhack the lawn, chop all fruits and veggies, boil a butt-load of eggs (Bella has to have 1 egg white at each meal, so I boil them up a couple dozen at a time--it's something to do with her kidney issue. She also gets a tablespoon-ish of plain yogurt at each meal. In addition to a couple blood pressure meds) (And, yes Kroger, I do want to pay THAT MUCH for the dog meds, jeesh!! Stop asking me!) At some point I should nap, but will more likely go to my friend's house and lay out and play in her pool while she's at work--and it's entirely possible that, somewhere in there I will break into my Bud Light Lime stash and get a little tipsy. Gosh darn it, I've earned it this week with work!!!!
And just for you guys, I want to share a little tidbit that I learned at work this week--apparently, there are people around here that are looking for innovative ways to get high (after heroin, oxycontin, other opiates, cocaine, you know, the usual ways people get high). I learned that there are people that have been trying to get high by giving themselves......(wait for it)......
 TABASCO SAUCE ENEMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not freaking believe that (and I don't think the person got high, or at least not like they had hoped! EEK!) Try not to hate me for sharing, but it's just one of those things you can't keep to yourself!

So on that disturbing note, I've got some grass to mow and some weeds to whack!! Good luck on any runs and/or other workouts you have planned! Keep cool!!
--Marge

2 comments:

  1. awesome! love this post! it makes me seriously want to go out and buy a bike like right this second. hahah! biking just sounds so relaxing and such a good break from running! glad you got back into it :) I have been trying to take my pup out for walks as well and she is struggling in the heat! i feel so bad for her but also dont want her to have to be stuck inside all the time! that hot sauce tid bit is so crazy!!!!

    have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww enemas of any kind don't sound like something to try let alone tabasco ones!! Hope you have fun on your bike!

    ReplyDelete