Monday, July 4, 2011

I've been dragging my feet on doing this posting, mainly because it means I have to get serious about how much I have been slacking. I have been doing myself a real disservice lately. It seems like, after Warrior Dash (which was the last race/event I did) I dropped back on  running and working out, like I didn't have anything specific motivating me to keep on going. I know this is not really the case, since I do want to feel good and be active, but I really just let myself down. So I've been avoiding facing up to that.
I have been doing some physical stuff, like when I'm at my friend's house, I run in her pool for twenty minutes or so at a time, so in addition to the running I am doing, I am keeping up somewhat on my stamina for cardio.

I think the hardest thing for me this past month was that my doctor had me taking extra hormones (yeah, like they had me on medicine for menopause, long story). My eating habits got out of control (why in the world do they make Goldfish crackers taste so good? It should be criminal.) and my body just felt different. I hope that being off of the artificial hormones this month will help me get back to where I was activity and eating-wise.

I have a 5k coming up in 2 weekends and my goal is to run the whole thing. I'm making a playlist with hard rock songs (think older Metallica, other hair bands, etc) to keep my legs moving. Any song suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. we definitely all go through those periods where our motivation is just down...so don't get too hard on yourself! you are still out there doing something and that is what matters. I tried pool running yesterday and really liked it! i think I need to do it more to give my legs a break. Pulling for you! and good luck in your upcoming 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am JUST coming out of the same funk!

    I tell everyone the same song when asked for suggestions. Adelita's Way "Invinceable" Best running song ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this happens to everyone from time to time but now is as good of time as ever to pull yourself out and get back on track.

    Goodluck with your training and your upcomming 5ks. I am definitely pulling for you and know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete