Thursday, August 18, 2011

Short and Sweet

But enough about me....haha! Ok, lame jokes aside (for now), here is a quick update for all of you that've been waiting on the edge of your seats to see what I've been up to....Ok, lame jokes aside for real....I have not been posting much because I haven't been doing anything active. My back is still jacked up from the car accident, though it is getting better with chiropractic care and physical therapy. Yesterday was the first day I've been able to take the dogs for a walk even! (Don't worry, we play in the house pretty constantly, since they  won't take no for an answer and just keep bringing me toys or barking until I get up to play, so they've been getting their workouts in, and we just went for another walk a few minutes ago)
Today, though. TODAY I AM DRIVING TO COLUMBUS TO RUN/WALK A 5K!!!! I got the OK from the Chiro yesterday, with strict instructions to s-t-r-e-t-c-h and warm up for 30 minutes prior to the start, and to stop running if my back or neck starts hurting. I also have to take ice packs in the cooler to ice my back and neck when I'm done (which should go over great, since I'm meeting someone out for drinks...ah, well, if they can't hang with me when I'm hurt, they shouldn't hang with me at all, right??) So I'll let you know how it goes.
The 5K is called the Defend Your Friends 5K, and it benefits the Columbus Humane Society's Cruelty Investigations Unit. I don't know if you've noticed that I'm kind of obsessed with animals...so there will be dogs there and people running with their dogs (mine are a little wild for that kind of event). I figure if I have to walk, I'll just pick a dog I like and try to stay close to it. I plan to run though. I'm craving it, just the movement and the feeling. I find myself getting jealous every time I drive past someone that is running, and cursing the guy that hit me and made it so I couldn't. Maybe I needed this mandated break though, to realize how much it actually benefits me and how much I enjoy it....at least that's what I'll tell myself!
Wish me luck! I'll be thinking about all of you and your support!!
And because I'd hate to leave you hanging, here is a picture of my bff since High School and I, drinking margaritas last week. I tell you, we get together and have soooo much fun (we call it "The Nikki and Marge Show" and it gets pretty crazy!)
Yes, that is my cheesy face and fancy pinkie-finger drinking style. Try not to be jealous!!
off to my run!


--Marge

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your run. I love getting together with high school friends...good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!

    New follower :)

    www.theathletarian.com

    ReplyDelete