Monday, September 12, 2011

Almost Vacay Time!

In 3, count 'em 3 days, I will be leaving Ohio for the warm sandy beaches of Myrtle Beach, for a week-long family vacation! I cannot tell you how excited I am to go, and to spend that time with my family, but geesh! there is a lot of planning to do still...
I have to get books to read on the beach, finish cleaning and packing, meet the dog-walker-lady, work at work, work at the jail, shop for food to take, and on and on. I feel like I've been going nonstop!

On Saturday (the 17th, I think) I will be running my first 5k with anyone besides myself. I think I've mentioned that none of my friends that live here run, so I have not had a 'buddy' to go with. I had joined the Facebook group for the local running club, hoping to do some group runs, and it turns out that most of those happen at 5:30am (not a bad thing, just interferes with work, like leaving me hanging around work 2 hours early...NO THANKS!)....
Anyway, I digress...so I will be doing this 5k with my brother and sister-in-law. So far none of the other family members have agreed to do it. I don't remember if I've said this before, but one of the reasons I started running was because my brother *CHALLENGED* me to run a family 5k on the family vacay. That was at Thanksgiving, and I started running in December. I am super-excited to run WITH other people (or at least have someone to come back and run me in!)


And in fantastic news: The Chiropractor doesn't need to see me for 2 more weeks, and is going to "wean" me from intensive physical therapy! He wants me back to doing my normal workouts. So I will be *KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES* (I did my gym rotation last week--35 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 25 on the recumbent bike; over the weekend I weedwhacked the whole yard and did a few rounds of resistance band exercises. Hoo-rah!) And I only hurt a little bit the next day.


Good luck on your upcoming fall races!!! 
--Marge

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! so jealous of your upcoming trip and so excited for your 5k!!! woo hooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete