Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boring

Hello guys! I am sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but really I didn't want to be blamed for boring anyone to death....this is not me being hard on myself, really. It's a reality--I work a lot.
This past week or so I've been sick, and on Tuesday I actually went to bed at 6pm and got up the next day for work at 8am...So really, there's not much new and exciting.
I ran on the treadmill today in the living room, thinking at least I'll be next to the window a/c for a breeze! I also wore my Forever21 running skirt for the first time (I won a gift card in a giveaway a month or so ago at Run On)

So here's the goods. Apparently, my 32 year old butt was not made for a Forever21 running skirt! I'd like to think that most running skirts have compression shorts underneath that are just a bit longer than BOYSHORTS like the ones I got! I mean, seriously, I am really glad I ran at home because I might have gotten arrested for the secrets I was telling!!!! And the actual skirt part made me look just a little like I was going out with the Jersey Shore cast--no flare, just straight up booty-skirt!! 
But, thanks to Hulu, I got to show my real age and watch 'Make it or Break it,' so I actually was on the treadmill with my run/walk combo for the full 40+ minutes of the show.....I'm not sure what I'll do when I get to the end of the series, but I am glad that despite the teenager living in my body I am maturing in the running area. I didn't think I could last for that long! And next time will either be longer or faster (or both, but I'm just focused right now on gaining stamina and strength)....up next: TOTAL DOMINATION!
 
In addition to the tready, I also mowed the lawn earlier, then was able to get the dogs partway through our walk before the skies opened up and just poured. I have to admit, I actually enjoy walking or running in the rain. I thought the dogs did too, but surprise of all surprises, I have wussy dogs, and they started ducking, cowering, and backing up when the rain started, so we stood in a little alcove while it rained so they wouldn't get their little princess feet wet....
They'll get in a nasty lake, but won't walk in the rain, losers!
When the rain COMPLETELY STOPPED, they decided it would be okay to prance home, of course jumping in all the puddles....Anyone else's dogs so ridiculous? 

And one last thought, I found a 5k that's going on IN MY TOWN July 16th (I think), which is awesome on a few counts:
1. It is only in a few weeks.
2. It is in my town, which is unheard of because I have had to drive at least an hour to get to the other ones I've done.
3. It is actually on a day off, so I don't have to find anyone to cover my shift at work.
and the big one
4. It is a Cancer Sucks! run (and a local benefit).
I am hoping that I meet other people in this area with similar interests, since I don't know if I've mentioned it, but none of my local friends are runners....


So onto my next feat:
Go get plumbing supplies and fix the toilet....Told you I'm boring!!!


--Marge

4 comments:

  1. I laugh at my Harley all the time because the big bad pit bull doesn't like going out in the rain. He's such a pansy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you updated because I have missed reading your blog. Good job on the treadmill run and mowing the lawn. Mowing the lawn is tough stuff!

    You should totally do the 5k it sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo!!! so excited that there is a 5k in your town! and to fight cancer...gotta love that cause!

    Pretty much PUMPED that you posted because I was kinda missing you TONS on your blog. And don't ever think you are boring!!

    Awesome job on your run...I gotta find something that will keep me occupied like that!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you today, wondering if you had posted lately, so i am glad you commented on mine to remind me to check on you!

    Yay for a 5k close by. DO IT! Maybe you will meet some fun people, if not at least you got to do a race! I love racing! :)

    I didn't know Forever 21 made running skirts. But I bet my 33 year old butt wouldn't like them either!

    ReplyDelete