Friday, April 15, 2011

And so I ran

My first run of the week (or run/walk, if you will) was from home to the Water department to pay bills for mine and a friend's water--I knew I had to go, and she said "why don't you kill two birds and just run there and back?" Logic, whaaat?? (So I paid her bill too, but only because she's broke and will be paying me back, I'm nice not a fool!)
I mapped the run: 1.7 miles, a total of 35 minutes (including paying the bill), and I must say my lungs and legs were burning. I came home and chugged some water, then headed back out with the princesses for a walk, which I mapped at 1.08 miles (I adore being able to see how far I've gone!!). I tried running with them for a second, and realized that Bella gets way too excited and starts jumping on me. I have to start running with them separately and see which one (or both) will be my training partner. They're both crashed out now...AND:
My brother called to tell me he'd gotten the Garmin I'd sent him for his 35th birthday--he was so excited, which was awesome!
The rest of the afternoon has been spent stalking blogs and trying to figure out this whole 'bloggy' thing.
HOORAH!

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are really cute! Congrats on signing up for your first race. You'll love blogging as a way to look back and see how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete