Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just a quick note

It has been a rough few days. I feel like I could say that again. It's been a rough few days....but to rewind--Monday I ran on the treadmill, which was nice (it's been like a monsoon here lately, with flooding and near-continuous rain). I ended up with about 2 miles, running various speeds and a warm up and cool down walk in there. So total time 26 minutes, so rough estimate at least 13 minute miles, which sounds ridiculous with you guys and your sub-8's and such, but I was proud of myself! Next run will be trying to cement how fast I am really going, minus the warm-up/cool down.....I've also decided that I will only watch The Biggest Loser when I am on the treadmill--
The monsoon weather has made the basement flood, so I spent a good part of yesterday pumping water out (p.s. it's fun to be able to accomplish that, and I love my new pump. I don't love flooding, but now I can at least manage it).
The hardest part of life to deal with right now is that I took one of the doggies, Abby, to the vet last week and they removed a tumor. Monday afternoon they called to say it was cancerous. They think they got it all this time, but it's 50/50 that the tumor will return, so really  it's just 'wait and see' which is the hardest thing for me to do. I usually can find something that I can do to help improve a situation or make it manageable, but with this, the only thing I can do is watch her and see how she does. Except I can and will be continuing on with the Spoil the Boxers Project (wish that really existed, but for now it will just be here in my house).
Anyhoo, I wanted to check in and say I didn't disappear, I'm still running, and a longer and more upbeat, non-depressing post will follow soon. And I'll know how fast I am running, while continuing to increase my stamina, and giving me a way to process the stuff with Abby.....
Brighter posts to come, I promise!!!

Marge

2 comments:

  1. Oh bless your heart, doggie problems are as hard as children problems. I hope she is ok and continues to be in good health.

    Way to go on your run!!!! I did the treadmill the other day and did 5.5 miles all at once and I was shocked lol

    It must be wonderful to get the rain, we have gone 7 months with no rain here...it is just sad at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and Abby!! What a tough thing to here...I really hope that she will be okay and it is that 50% chance that it WILL NOT come back. I know how scary and sad it can be when your pup is hurt or sick. My little pup is like my child...I am always just hoping I can protect her from anything and everything!

    And please do not even stress out about your pace...you are out there running and enjoying it which is the MOST important thing. When you cross a finish line...you do exactly that...FINISH...whether you run 8 minute miles or 15 minute miles. It does not matter...we are all runners :) I am excited for you to keep it up and I am excited to read more in the future from you :)

    I wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog the other day. It absolutely MADE my day. I saved it in my email box...honestly I did...so I could reread it like 100000 times.

    You are amazing! Hope the days ahead can be better for you :)

    ReplyDelete