Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring's here (for today!!)

So in case you were on the edge of  your seat wondering, I'll tell you a little about me. I live in Ohio, and I graduated from Ohio University in 2001 (B.S. in Human and Consumer Sciences, Major in Family Studies, Certificate in Gerontology) as well as in 2004 (M.Ed. in Education, Major in Community Mental Health Counseling). I have been a crisis counselor since 2004, and feel like I've really settled into myself and my career over the past few years. It's high stress, and the schedule is wacky, but I can't see myself doing anything else right now....So over the weekend I worked 10 hour days Saturday and Sunday, and now I'm off until tomorrow. On my off days, I spend a lot of time doing things around the house and taking the dogs out and about.

Today I wanted to get in some exercise and decided to take the dogs hiking in Zaleski State Forest. Mind you, I have never taken the dogs hiking because I'm scared they'll run off or drag me down a ravine or something, but I decided to give it a chance today. It was amazing!






We first got there and it's like they didn't know what to do with themselves. I kept them on leashes because I'm paranoid, but they didn't seem to mind. We all were having a blast, and then this happened:


Pond water stinks! But they splashed around and got muddy and loved it, so who am I to complain!
We ended up hiking around for almost 2 hours, going about 3 miles total up and down hills, over fallen trees, and -in the lake-
At the end, we looked like this:

What an awesome day! I plan to run tomorrow mid-morning, outside if it's nice and on the treadmill if not (I'm still a weather wussy). Have a great day!

Marge
ps, The Red Cross sent me a t-shirt the other day

3 comments:

  1. SO excited I found you! I am a new runner to and it is just hugely motivating to find another person who is new as well. It is nice to read about all the people with their sub 9 min miles to but not being there yet kinda makes it a little harder to relate lol

    I have you in my reader now and I am pretty good about commenting so you might get tired of that.

    Your dogs look so fun...I have a spoiled little dog who would look at me like I lost my mind if I put a leash on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little pups!! Good looking blog keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for checking out my blog!! LOVE the pics of your pups...hiking with my dog is one of my favorite activities! so glad you had a relaxing day :) Good luck on your upcoming run!

    ReplyDelete