Friday, April 15, 2011

The First Time

So here I am, moving from lurking and stalking other people's blogs to starting my own...I want to start finding ways to hold myself accountable for the goals I've set--specifically, I am a beginning runner and want to start running 5k races (short-term) and want to do a 1/2 marathon by next year (long-term). I started with the Couch to 5k program on Active.com in December, but got kind of derailed by a severe bronchitis around week 7, so I've just been doing an improv run/walk a couple of days a week for the past month or so. It seems easy during my run to just stop and walk, so I don't feel like I'm pushing myself like I was before getting sick and I don't have friends in the running community that can help push me (yet, anyway)....


These are two of the (canine) loves of my life, Bella and Abby (they were sad because I had to leave for work at 3am and couldn't stay in bed), and I adore BooBoo, the Scottish Fold kitty (called such because her ears flop over instead of stand up).

Running goals:
1. Run 30 minutes per day, 3 times per week (at least) either outside or on the treadmill at home
2. I am signed up for Warrior Dash for June 4, 2011 in Logan, Ohio, but want to run at least one 5k before then.

Please help hold me to my goals and encourage me to keep going!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment